A global high tech manufacturer with $14B in annual revenues
The company had multiple approaches to business planning in the field.
As a result, there was little consistency and lack of a common process.
Many of the methods in use incorporated in-depth historical information
and little forward-looking plans. As the sales professionals moved into
different roles, they had to use different templates. Support staff had
to learn multiple planning approaches to work effectively with the different
Design and implement a consistent, worldwide, integrated sales planning
and development program. Ensure that the program would identify incremental
- Review of all existing plan approaches
- Interview field sales personnel to discover
- New format for business planning with consistent
language and methodologies for partner business, major account business
and territory business
- Training program to incorporate the new
methodology for planning as well as the analysis tools specific
to the audience
- Automated tools to support the effort,
including sample plans and on-line help tools
- Process for review and approval of plans,
as well as management training
- Develop communication program including
course outlines, presentations, handbook, systems support and multiple
- Identify support structure to manage the program
on an on-going basis
Identified $2B in incremental potential opportunities over a twelve-month period.
- "Provided a logical, realistic process
to evaluate customer needs and assist the team in building a plan that
can increase revenue."
- "Excellent facilitation, tools and applicability."
- "Real life exercises that benefit us immediately."